Psychosexual Somatics Therapy is integrative therapy, helping to increased awareness of your body and mind connection. So you can fully embody your boundaries, emotions, needs and desires, and during our therapy work you learn skill and get knowledge so you are able to manage your everyday life.
The intention of me as your therapist is to support you in getting to know and feel yourself, experiencing more the intimacy. Teach you to stay with uncomfortable sensations and feelings and be able to dissolve it. Give yourself time and bring more compassion to your life. When you begin to connect with yourself at this deeper level, you learn about your body and coping strategies. During your therapeutic work I teach you and help you how to dissolve and integrate blocks to intimacy and you can begin to access feel more pleasure, joy, energy in your everyday life.
During your therapy sessions I help you to get a deeper understanding of yourself. how do we do that ? Connecting and developing an understanding of your own personal needs and boundaries and allowing you to embody your boundaries, emotions, needs. By owning and feeling and healty expression of your needs, boundaries and emotions you
Is this therapeutic approach for you? Ask yourself, how good are you to feel, express and communicate your emotions, boundaries and desires especially in your relationships? We don’t learn any of these skills at school and if we are not lucky to be thought by our parents, it makes life much more difficult and more desperate. I am helping people to be able to understand their patterns of behaviour, survival strategies and sensations in the body so they can express safely emotions and feel more in the body. Sexual life comes from happy relaxed body and peaceful mind.
Examples of issues I can help you with:
- Trauma, sexual abuse, feeling shame, bothered by anxiety
- Absence of pleasure during sex of feeling numb, or pain in genitals and body
- Struggling with sexual life (loss of desire, vaginismus, difficulty reaching orgasm, early ejaculation, delayed or absent ejaculation, erectile dysfunction)
- Learning and understanding about your sexuality ( feel more yourself as woman/man with what ever your sexual preferences are)
An important aspect of my work as a Psychosexual Somatics® Therapist is to ensure that you feel safe during our work. It is of very important your boundaries are respected at all times, you feel free of your choice and comfortable.
If you decide to book your first session, it is important we use that first session to establish your goal to reach and issue to work with and do assemsent.
Once we have achieved a foundation in your Personal Assessment session, we meet to therapeutic sessions were is Somatic work and exercises involved, each session last between 2 and 3 hours. And it can take from 1 – 10 session to work with your chosen intention. It is all up to you and how you feel about the work.
I offer my therapeutic space, skills and knowledge to them who are willing to:
- seek help to feel more empowered, want to learn and explore to have joyful life
- are open to slowly connect and meet their emotions and get into touch with the body
- want to talk about what is bothering and frustrating and learn new skills
- want to bring curiosity about body, feelings and emotions.
Empowerment: I as your therapist I don’t work for you but my intention is to empower you. I work with you as team, to help you understand the meaning and the unconscious messages of your symptoms, release tension and emotions you holding and teach you how to integrate your power, to feel more joy and pleasure in your life. All that is connected to sexual and intimacy life, because how you show up in sex reflects how you show up in life.
Somatic work connected with counselling … what does it means and what can you expect?
- Psychosexual Cognitive approach: talk about your sexual experience and history, enlighten your belief systems and behaviour patterns, hep you to feel and listen to your boundaries and needs
- Sexological approach : relation to your genitals and sexuality, ability to speak about your sex life, discovering your family patterns in sex life, what is your understanding of our sexual role as woman/man.
- Breathing and motion-emotion exercises: helping you gently to connect with your body, and understand what do you feel, meeting your blocks in your body and help you to release them
- Deep tissue bodywork and myofascial release: is provided by gentle hands touch supporting you to feel in to our body during our work and helping you to release tension and down regulate your nerve system
- Gentle, compassionate holding if its suitable and helpful to let you understand and feel your adult and inner child characters, help you to step in to your awareness of feeling and sensing, guide you by my voice what to do to be able to dealt with your body reactions – empower you to be self-sustaining
- Integration: all your gained skill and informations from each session, plus getting some exercise to do home so you can continue to integrate and digest all you learned and felt during your work.
- PLISSIT method : learn about having permissions and understanding of our behaviours and feelings that comes out during your sessions.